Skip to main content

Who is at the door?


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UR Family

  From the manger to the cross... From the cross to the grave...  From the grave to the sky... He is risen indeed! May God's fire burn in your hearts forever. May His wings cover and protect you, and your families. May His son, the greatest man in history, who had no servants,  yet was called master, had no degree, yet was called teacher, had no medicines, yet was called healer, He had no army, but kings feared him, He won no military battles, yet conquered the world, He committed no crimes, yet they beat and hung him on a tree,  He was buried in a tomb, rose in three days and lives today through people like you. Thank you for seeing our worth and not defining us by our past and for having the faith that we can all be changed for the Glory of God. Love in Christ, Bill & Michelle Ellis Happy Easter!  Jachelle, Skye, Madison, Bubba, Corey & Makayla

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571

"Last Bus Ride"

The "Last Bus Ride". That's what got me, Jachelle! I have never heard of such a thing! Thinking about you driving YOURSELF to the high school, in the the car that you helped your daddy build, just to take the last bus ride with the rest of the seniors has got me in my feelings! I remember the first time you got on a bus. You were so excited and I was NOT looking forward to letting you go into the world. When you brought me your book bag on the first day of school, I seen the excitement in your eyes. You've always been an excellent student and an even better daughter! I wanted to do something really special for your graduation. I knew Daddy was giving you the title for the Camaro but I wanted to do something for you on my own, without any help. SOOO, I went big! I ran into so many obstacles. Crooked wood, overheated tools, rain with nowhere dry to work on my "surprise" that ended up NOT being a surprise and having to take my wood working stuff outside every s