Skip to main content

God winks (orig post via Insta/FB 02/09/2020)




I'm so thankful that He knows what I need and when I need it, what I need to see and when I need to see it, what I need to hear and when I need to hear it. His timing is so incredibly perfect. I visited my sisters church today. I've been once before. It always moves me to tears when the pastor has absolutely NO IDEA what I have going on in my life or my head and I feel like he prepared his service specifically for me. He didn't but God did and the pastor was the deliverer. I'm so thankful that He has me in the palm of His hands and that I don't have to do this messy thing called life on my own. He is such a faithful and loving God. Every time I get to the point where I feel like giving up on whatever it is that I'm facing, He sends me a Godwink to refresh me. To remind me He is in control and hasn't forgotten me. To remind me that He loves me more than any human could ever show me. To remind me that what HE has planned for me far exceeds my own expectations. #ThankfulForGodWinks #HisWillInHisTime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty From the Ashes

  After a long weekend at the Motion Student Conference, Madison, Makayla, Mackenzie and I met Mandie in Atlanta for her to pick up Mackenzie. On our way there, about 40 minutes away from home, I passed a sign on I-85 that said , "Meriwether County". I have passed it many, MANY times in the last 20+ years. Each and every time I see it, my heart aches, but I push that feeling away. This time, however, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked to my right to see if Madison noticed but she had her headphones on and was scrolling on her phone. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see if Makayla or Mackenzie noticed and they were doing the same. (Teenagers! 😮‍💨😂) In that moment, my heart ached even more and immediately following, I heard the Lord say, "Something beautiful always comes out of the pain if you just trust me." You see, when I was 16, I was living in Northeast Georgia. I was homeschooled and worked full time, where I met Scott. Scott (18) was my first boyf...

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571...

Retreading (orig post via Insta/FB 11/14/2019)

So this week has been a rough week for me. My weekend was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. The beginning of my week was much the same. I ran a quick errand yesterday and spent the rest of the afternoon in. Praying, reading the bible, listening to music and writing. Went to church last night and had an ah-ha moment. The service spoke to me personally, AGAIN this week, for the 3rd time since Sunday. Woke up with a migraine this morning so I attempted to sleep but I couldn't so I got up, did my devotions, had some prayer time and started to write a letter along with some notes about last nights service. Before I knew it, I had 10 pages and don't remember writing much of it. After 3 hours of writing, I looked back at what I had wrote and was like, "WHOA! Where did that come from?!" I asked God to speak through me and I feel like that is EXACTLY what He did. I'm going to copy & paste a very small portion of my letter here because I feel like more th...