Skip to main content

Imperfect Streaks (orig post via Insta/FB on 01/04/2021)

 



My morning routine consists of getting up at 3am to spend the next 2-2.5 hours alone with God. I read several devotions, I write, I pray and before my social media break, I posted the verse of the day from 3 apps. Actually, for a couple weeks, I still posted those. I opened YouVersion on 12/31 to see my 2021 snapshot. I was shocked because I figured it'd be less. I never paid attention to my "streaks". I don't open the app for that. When we get to heaven, is God going to say, "There's 30 days that you didn't get your streaks, read the verse of the day, so therefore, I don't know you."?
Notice, on my snapshot, there aren't many plans, highlights, bookmarks, or badges. Does that mean I'm not spending time with God? No. In fact, I intentionally set my alarm for 3am to make SURE that I do! He's important to me. I understand why they do streaks. I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying that people have become addicted to getting them on many platforms. The way we APPEAR to others has become more important. I've got something to tell y'all! I'm actually proud and excited to be the one to give you the 411! If you know me well, you already know it. If you don't know me well but you hear about this from someone else, be careful. That's gossip. 😁😘
You ready for it??
I'm NOT perfect! Never claimed to be! Jesus is only perfect person in the world! I cry, yell, occasionally cuss, my house is nowhere near spotless, lose my temper, get angry, get jealous, sin... You and me, we're the same. We just sin differently. I don't get 365 streaks a year in the bible app. I'm not the best believer known to mankind. I am a believer in Jesus, a disciple. I'm a part of this fallen world, a sinner. I'm an example of his goodness, part of the forgiven. I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister, daughter in law, sister in law, aunt, friend, sister in Christ. I don't want to portray that I have it all under control, that my priorities are perfectly lined up or that I don't stumble. I do want to portray that I'm more concerned with how many streaks I have in my prayer life or how many streaks I've gotten because I've shared Jesus. I should have so many that I can't keep count. The sad reality is... I really don't. Do you? #AlwaysStrivingToBeCloserToHim #JesusMySavior #HeDoesntAskForPerfection #GodIsSoGood #EvenWhenWeArent #ShowJesus #ShareJesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty From the Ashes

  After a long weekend at the Motion Student Conference, Madison, Makayla, Mackenzie and I met Mandie in Atlanta for her to pick up Mackenzie. On our way there, about 40 minutes away from home, I passed a sign on I-85 that said , "Meriwether County". I have passed it many, MANY times in the last 20+ years. Each and every time I see it, my heart aches, but I push that feeling away. This time, however, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked to my right to see if Madison noticed but she had her headphones on and was scrolling on her phone. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see if Makayla or Mackenzie noticed and they were doing the same. (Teenagers! 😮‍💨😂) In that moment, my heart ached even more and immediately following, I heard the Lord say, "Something beautiful always comes out of the pain if you just trust me." You see, when I was 16, I was living in Northeast Georgia. I was homeschooled and worked full time, where I met Scott. Scott (18) was my first boyf...

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571...

Retreading (orig post via Insta/FB 11/14/2019)

So this week has been a rough week for me. My weekend was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. The beginning of my week was much the same. I ran a quick errand yesterday and spent the rest of the afternoon in. Praying, reading the bible, listening to music and writing. Went to church last night and had an ah-ha moment. The service spoke to me personally, AGAIN this week, for the 3rd time since Sunday. Woke up with a migraine this morning so I attempted to sleep but I couldn't so I got up, did my devotions, had some prayer time and started to write a letter along with some notes about last nights service. Before I knew it, I had 10 pages and don't remember writing much of it. After 3 hours of writing, I looked back at what I had wrote and was like, "WHOA! Where did that come from?!" I asked God to speak through me and I feel like that is EXACTLY what He did. I'm going to copy & paste a very small portion of my letter here because I feel like more th...