Skip to main content

Literal storm (orig post via Insta/FB 01/11/2020)






As we anticipated the storm this weekend, we prayed for God's hands of protection to wrap around us and everyone. We prayed that we wouldn't have another devastating loss to our community, here in Lee County, Alabama, like we did on March 3, 2019. We prepared with bottled water and snacks that didn't have to be cooked just in case the power went out. As we huddled up in the hallway for safety, the adults were listening to the latest national weather service emergency alert and the kids were petting the dogs that were just as scared as they were. I couldn't hear the alert message so I shushed my kids. They weren't shushing so I turned and tapped my 14 year old on the shoulder and she turned her head with her eyes closed to let me know they were praying. My 14, 12, 11, 10 & 8 year old children were holding hands and thanking God for keeping us safe and they prayed that He would keep us safe the rest of the night. I was able to grab this blurry shot right before they said amen. I may even get some eyeballs from them for posting this but I'm so very proud of them and so thankful to God for showing them that He is a faithful and loving God! Thank you, Lord, for keeping us safe, for keeping our community and our loved ones safe and I pray that you continue to do so in the lives of the people that the storm is supposed to affect next. In Jesus Name, Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty From the Ashes

  After a long weekend at the Motion Student Conference, Madison, Makayla, Mackenzie and I met Mandie in Atlanta for her to pick up Mackenzie. On our way there, about 40 minutes away from home, I passed a sign on I-85 that said , "Meriwether County". I have passed it many, MANY times in the last 20+ years. Each and every time I see it, my heart aches, but I push that feeling away. This time, however, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked to my right to see if Madison noticed but she had her headphones on and was scrolling on her phone. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see if Makayla or Mackenzie noticed and they were doing the same. (Teenagers! 😮‍💨😂) In that moment, my heart ached even more and immediately following, I heard the Lord say, "Something beautiful always comes out of the pain if you just trust me." You see, when I was 16, I was living in Northeast Georgia. I was homeschooled and worked full time, where I met Scott. Scott (18) was my first boyf...

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571...

Retreading (orig post via Insta/FB 11/14/2019)

So this week has been a rough week for me. My weekend was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. The beginning of my week was much the same. I ran a quick errand yesterday and spent the rest of the afternoon in. Praying, reading the bible, listening to music and writing. Went to church last night and had an ah-ha moment. The service spoke to me personally, AGAIN this week, for the 3rd time since Sunday. Woke up with a migraine this morning so I attempted to sleep but I couldn't so I got up, did my devotions, had some prayer time and started to write a letter along with some notes about last nights service. Before I knew it, I had 10 pages and don't remember writing much of it. After 3 hours of writing, I looked back at what I had wrote and was like, "WHOA! Where did that come from?!" I asked God to speak through me and I feel like that is EXACTLY what He did. I'm going to copy & paste a very small portion of my letter here because I feel like more th...