Skip to main content

Pure joy (orig post via Insta/FB on 10/17/2020)





One of my devotions this morning. God's timing is so perfect! If I had read this 2 years ago on this date, I would have probably thought "awww, that's nice" and went about my day, in all honesty. November 24, 2020 will mark 16 years since I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I can relate to the man that they are writing about. Prior to my diagnosis, I stayed busy. I was a mother of one at that time but I stayed in the roads. Always doing something. As I went on to have my second and third daughter, my disease progressed. I became a hermit. I never had any animosity about my diagnosis. In fact, I have always been thankful for my diagnosis because it did slow me down. It made me a better person and mother. It taught me to be thankful for what I do have. I thought that being thankful and having a positive attitude was enough to get me into heaven. I mean, I knew better in my head but my heart and body didn't follow until November of 2018. Within 2-3 months after I recommitted my heart to Lord, my world would fall apart. I like to say "upside down and inside out" because that is exactly what it was. Nothing would ever be the same. Little did I know, that is a praise! Now I have 6 children and my life is at its busiest. When I was a hermit, I didn't realize that I was slowly killing myself. A trip to the grocery store had me in pajamas for days trying to recover some energy. This might sound cliché but I feel like the Lord has given me an energy that you can't get anywhere else. You can't get it in a prescription bottle or a glass bottle you can only buy at the age of 21. I've experienced many things in the past two years that could have taken that joy and peace away from me but the Lord continues to sustain me. He remains faithful and always will! I trust Him with my mind, body and soul! He is going to do great things in my life. I believe that 10,000%. He can do the same for you too if you just trust Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty From the Ashes

  After a long weekend at the Motion Student Conference, Madison, Makayla, Mackenzie and I met Mandie in Atlanta for her to pick up Mackenzie. On our way there, about 40 minutes away from home, I passed a sign on I-85 that said , "Meriwether County". I have passed it many, MANY times in the last 20+ years. Each and every time I see it, my heart aches, but I push that feeling away. This time, however, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked to my right to see if Madison noticed but she had her headphones on and was scrolling on her phone. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see if Makayla or Mackenzie noticed and they were doing the same. (Teenagers! 😮‍💨😂) In that moment, my heart ached even more and immediately following, I heard the Lord say, "Something beautiful always comes out of the pain if you just trust me." You see, when I was 16, I was living in Northeast Georgia. I was homeschooled and worked full time, where I met Scott. Scott (18) was my first boyf...

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571...

Retreading (orig post via Insta/FB 11/14/2019)

So this week has been a rough week for me. My weekend was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. The beginning of my week was much the same. I ran a quick errand yesterday and spent the rest of the afternoon in. Praying, reading the bible, listening to music and writing. Went to church last night and had an ah-ha moment. The service spoke to me personally, AGAIN this week, for the 3rd time since Sunday. Woke up with a migraine this morning so I attempted to sleep but I couldn't so I got up, did my devotions, had some prayer time and started to write a letter along with some notes about last nights service. Before I knew it, I had 10 pages and don't remember writing much of it. After 3 hours of writing, I looked back at what I had wrote and was like, "WHOA! Where did that come from?!" I asked God to speak through me and I feel like that is EXACTLY what He did. I'm going to copy & paste a very small portion of my letter here because I feel like more th...