Skip to main content

Separation (orig post via Insta/FB on 07/12/2020)




The picture on the left is of the shadow box that we used for our unity sand ceremony at our wedding. The picture on the right is of it after it had been packed and stored in a box that allowed the elements in. As I gazed at it with disappointment that the very well separated colors of sand had mixed, some had separated and clumped up, all because I allowed moisture to enter in, I felt like God was speaking to me. Sometimes we allow things like fear, worry, anger, bitterness, gossip, jealousy, idols, and hatred, all SIN, to enter into our lives, thus creating a barrier between us and God. A barrier that can happen gradually causing a separation between us that gets easier as we allow more moisture in. The picture on the bottom is after I attempted to fix the problem, creating the sand to mix and settle more at the bottom of the shadow box, leaving an open space at the top. Just like I don't want to allow for moisture to creep in my shadow box of sand, I don't want to allow anything to separate me from my relationship with God. I'd love to say that I'll never have sin in my life but that just won't happen because I am human and so far from perfect. However, I can repair any damage I've caused and fill that empty space with more of God. You can too. It is not too late. -Michelle Ellis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty From the Ashes

  After a long weekend at the Motion Student Conference, Madison, Makayla, Mackenzie and I met Mandie in Atlanta for her to pick up Mackenzie. On our way there, about 40 minutes away from home, I passed a sign on I-85 that said , "Meriwether County". I have passed it many, MANY times in the last 20+ years. Each and every time I see it, my heart aches, but I push that feeling away. This time, however, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked to my right to see if Madison noticed but she had her headphones on and was scrolling on her phone. I looked in the rear-view mirror to see if Makayla or Mackenzie noticed and they were doing the same. (Teenagers! 😮‍💨😂) In that moment, my heart ached even more and immediately following, I heard the Lord say, "Something beautiful always comes out of the pain if you just trust me." You see, when I was 16, I was living in Northeast Georgia. I was homeschooled and worked full time, where I met Scott. Scott (18) was my first boyf...

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571...

Retreading (orig post via Insta/FB 11/14/2019)

So this week has been a rough week for me. My weekend was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. The beginning of my week was much the same. I ran a quick errand yesterday and spent the rest of the afternoon in. Praying, reading the bible, listening to music and writing. Went to church last night and had an ah-ha moment. The service spoke to me personally, AGAIN this week, for the 3rd time since Sunday. Woke up with a migraine this morning so I attempted to sleep but I couldn't so I got up, did my devotions, had some prayer time and started to write a letter along with some notes about last nights service. Before I knew it, I had 10 pages and don't remember writing much of it. After 3 hours of writing, I looked back at what I had wrote and was like, "WHOA! Where did that come from?!" I asked God to speak through me and I feel like that is EXACTLY what He did. I'm going to copy & paste a very small portion of my letter here because I feel like more th...