Skip to main content

Happy New Year, 2023!

Happy New Year!!

I realize that I am a few days late, but I am recovering from a years worth of overworking myself. My children got out of school on 12/16 for Christmas "break" to begin but it didn't begin, for us, until Christmas morning. We had plans for every weekend from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Our calendar was packed full. The best part was that it was full with doing the Lord's work, not shopping and overextending an already overextended bank account. It was a blessing to see how much work gets put into ministry outreach. I slept WONDERFUL, every single night!


I would have to say that the end of 2021, and all of 2022 has been the most challenging part of my adult life. However, it has also been one of the best. Even though I've been a believer since I was 8, I didn't truly know Him until 2019. It took me a long time to understand that listening to Him required silence on my part. Over the years, I've learned that I had to be in a relationship with Him in order to have growth. Just like our kids have to learn the word, "no", and how to wait for things, I have had to learn the same. I learned that "no" isn't a bad word. I learned that "wait" doesn't necessarily mean "no". 2022 was filled with a lot more growth BECAUSE of the pain. I look forward to 2023, but not because I think 2022 needs to be in my rearview mirror. I look forward to it because I believe that there's a purpose for the pain that we've endured. I believe 2023 will be when it's going to start being visible to everyone who is watching from the outside. 


Speaking of watching from the outside... Every year, since Jachelle's second Christmas, I've been putting my Christmas cards on my tree. It started out as a way to keep them out of reach. The last few years, they've outgrown our tree, so we've tried to get creative with them. At least a quarter of them are from people that I don't even know their name! I only knew that they read that I wanted Christmas cards and they sent them. I'm thankful for this because it proves to us that there's always someone watching, so we need to be sure that we are always showing Jesus! I pray to continue to be salt and light in 2023 & all the years to come! Happy New Year!





The baby in the manger changed it all.


Jesus changed our lives through New Birth Outreach Ministries. I was
working on this gift right before I was taking pictures. I forgot
that it was there but decided that I would include it. We are
called to share Jesus with everyone, and that's what New Birth has done for us.


Crooked candy cane made out of sweet cards 💞😍


A wreath with an "E" ornament in the center. A cross, where our lives were changed. Our bright stockings, and Corey's "LOVE" graph that I've had up for almost 1 year. 😍


Top view of the candy cane cards, and
some of the cards on the tree.


More cards on the tree, our top heavy star,
and the hot pink Christmas ornaments to
match the girls hot pink camo stockings.
😂



Thank you to everyone who sent cards, and thank you to those who allowed us to return a card! It is a true joy to be your family!!! I pray that 2023 is a blessing to you and yours!


Your sister in Christ,


Michelle Marie Ellis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UR Family

  From the manger to the cross... From the cross to the grave...  From the grave to the sky... He is risen indeed! May God's fire burn in your hearts forever. May His wings cover and protect you, and your families. May His son, the greatest man in history, who had no servants,  yet was called master, had no degree, yet was called teacher, had no medicines, yet was called healer, He had no army, but kings feared him, He won no military battles, yet conquered the world, He committed no crimes, yet they beat and hung him on a tree,  He was buried in a tomb, rose in three days and lives today through people like you. Thank you for seeing our worth and not defining us by our past and for having the faith that we can all be changed for the Glory of God. Love in Christ, Bill & Michelle Ellis Happy Easter!  Jachelle, Skye, Madison, Bubba, Corey & Makayla

Our home

My six children and I have been living in a transitional home for homeless women since June 2020. We have been blessed to have found a property that can be turned into a home for us but it can't be renovated until it's paid off. Since Christmas 2021, the balance has gone from $65,000 to $45,000. We've been at a stand still ever since. One Voice Shelter Coalition, an Opelika nonprofit organization, is looking for assistance in finishing this project for our family. We are looking for ways to accept donations, other than crowdfunding places, but right now our only option is Facebook or snail mail. Here is where you can find the link. The Ellis family is grateful for anything that is donated and extremely grateful for your prayers! PS - The address to donate, via USPS, is found at the link below. God bless! Michelle Ellis OVSC donate button https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0nZNaT5ihPu8Gt9QroRipqvMPAwhzkq9DBQEUPipbjCgkUb7RjC36Sqz9oW8uNxW2l&id=100005005063571

"Last Bus Ride"

The "Last Bus Ride". That's what got me, Jachelle! I have never heard of such a thing! Thinking about you driving YOURSELF to the high school, in the the car that you helped your daddy build, just to take the last bus ride with the rest of the seniors has got me in my feelings! I remember the first time you got on a bus. You were so excited and I was NOT looking forward to letting you go into the world. When you brought me your book bag on the first day of school, I seen the excitement in your eyes. You've always been an excellent student and an even better daughter! I wanted to do something really special for your graduation. I knew Daddy was giving you the title for the Camaro but I wanted to do something for you on my own, without any help. SOOO, I went big! I ran into so many obstacles. Crooked wood, overheated tools, rain with nowhere dry to work on my "surprise" that ended up NOT being a surprise and having to take my wood working stuff outside every s